Bracelets are a popular accessory for both men and women. They can be worn to dress up an outfit or just as casual jewelry. The only downside is that they can become uncomfortable after extended wear, which is where different types of bracelet clasps come in handy!
There are many different types of clasps for bracelets including lobster style, magnetic styles, toggle closure, chain link and more. This article will go over 5 different types of bracelet clasps so you know what your options are when it comes time to purchase new jewellery!
1. Ball clasp
2. Barrel clasp
A ball clasp is a type of bracelet clasp that looks like two balls on either side of the bracelet. To use this style, you would simply hook it over your wrist and squeeze the two balls together to close up the loop.
1. Ball clasps are easy to use
2. They are secure and virtually impossible for anyone other than the wearer to remove
3. You can wear them in multiple ways, such as on a necklace or bracelet
4. They can be worn with any outfit and look great!
5. The clasp is made of high-quality materials that will last you a lifetime
6. It’s affordable! You won’t have to worry about breaking the bank when purchasing this item because it’s reasonably priced at $15-$25 depending on where you buy it from
1. Ball clasps can be difficult to open and close
2. The clasp’s hole may not fit the diameter of your cord
3. Clasping a ball-chain necklace around your neck can create discomfort because it is too heavy or short
4. If you have long hair, the clasp will get caught in it when you move around
5. A ball clasp may come undone if worn with other jewellery that has large clasps on it
This type of clasp is the most common style. It’s a small tube that has an opening on one end and hooks onto your wrist with the other side of it to close up the loop around your arm.
1. Barrel clasps are easy to use
2. They’re a great way to change up your look
3. These clasps have been used for decades, and they’re still popular today
4. You can find them in all shapes and sizes, so you’ll be sure to find one that matches your style
5. They’re inexpensive – perfect for people on a budget!
6. You can wear barrel clasp bracelets as an everyday accessory or as jewellery at special events like weddings or parties!
1. They are difficult to use
2. They can be a safety hazard if the clasp is not properly closed
3. The metal clasps are often heavy and bulky, making them uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time
4. Barrel clasps don’t offer much security because they have limited locking mechanisms
5. You cannot adjust barrel clasps once they’re in place so you need to measure carefully before installing one on your bracelet or necklace
6. It is possible that some jewellery pieces may only come with a barrel clasp as an option which means you will need to purchase another type of closure separately if you want more than just this one type for your jewellery piece
The lobster clasp is a type of bracelet that looks like two claws. This style typically has either an S or J shape with the opening on one end and hooks onto your wrist to close up the loop around your arm.
1. Lobster clasps are a great way to finish off your jewellery projects
2. They work well for necklaces and bracelets alike
3. The clasp can be used as the focal point of your design, or it can be hidden in the back
4. Lobster clasps come in many different colours – silver, gold, bronze, brass
5. A lobster clasp is easy to use and looks professional on any project
6. Lobster clasps don’t have sharp edges that could scratch you or damage delicate materials like silk or satin fabrics
1. Lobster clasps are difficult to open
2. They can be too tight for some people and cause discomfort
3. The clasp may not match the rest of your jewellery, making it stand out
4. If you have a lot of necklaces, they will all be in one place and make it easy to lose track of which necklace goes with what outfit or event
5. It is hard to find lobster clasps that match other pieces of jewellery (i.e., earrings) because they come in so many different colours
6. You cannot use them on bracelets because they don’t work as well with chain links
Magnetic clasps are the most convenient because they operate automatically. They also come in many different shapes and sizes, making them perfect for any type of wrist size or style.
1. Magnetic clasps are more secure than traditional hooks
2. They can be used on any type of clothing, from dresses to jackets
3. They’re easy to put on and take off with one hand
4. Magnetic clasps are ideal for people who have arthritis or other conditions that make it difficult to use their hands
5. You don’t need a special tool (like pliers) to put them on!
6. There’s no metal clasp that could cause irritation or itchiness against your skin
1. Magnetic clasps are not as safe as regular clasps
2. If the clasp is too strong, it can break some jewellery items
3. They can cause irritation on sensitive skin
4. It’s hard to find a place to put them on necklaces and bracelets
5. The magnetic force may be stronger than necessary and could damage metal objects in your home like electronics or appliances if you’re not careful about how close they are to the clasp when it’s open
The butterfly clasp is a type of bracelet that looks like two wings. This also has an S or J shape with the opening on one end and hooks onto your wrist to close up the loop around your arm.
1. Butterfly clasps are easy to use
2. They’re versatile – can be used for necklaces, bracelets, and anklets
3. The clasp is hidden once the necklace or bracelet has been put on
4. They’re a great option for people with arthritis or limited hand mobility because they require no squeezing of tiny clasps
5. Butterfly clasps are inexpensive when purchased in bulk, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from
6. These types of clasps are very popular with children and teens who like to change their jewellery often
1. Difficult to open and close.
2. Not safe for regular use.
3. Sometimes difficult to use
Last update on 2022-11-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API