So, you’re sitting there wondering about what a trimmer can do. But, more importantly, you’re asking if it can deliver a clean shave.
Well, here is your answer:
A trimmer cannot bring you to a clean shave. As the name suggests, it only trims and gives a slight stubble when you feel your cheek. If you need a clean-cut, a razor or an electric shaver will do the job.
In this article, we will answer all the top related questions. Then, you will see why shaving with a trimmer is good and what effects come about when you use it. Also, you’ll get some clean-shave tips and the best trimmer out there to buy. So, stay reading until the end for that and much more!
Is It Better To Shave With A Trimmer?
For a clean, close shave, your best bet is an electric shaver. That’s because trimmers are for styling and not cutting. So, if you’re looking for a sharper, cooler beard or mustache, you know what to go for.
MenNStuff 101: Because trimmers have different sizes of combs, they’re best used to cut hair to a specific length, not all of it.
Does Trimmer Damage Skin?
Not really, but using a trimmer on the wrong skin can have ugly effects.
Out there, you will find these four different types of trimmers:
1. Hair trimmers
2. Beard trimmers
3. Nose and Ear trimmers
4. And Bikini trimmers
Now, the problem would come when you use a hair trimmer on the bikini areas. Since those hairs are of different types, product makers use different blades. So, if you crisscross things, the bikini area may become red because hair trimmers are sharper. And indeed, you don’t want that kind of thing happening, do you?
Is It Safe To Use A Trimmer Without A Guard?
The guard merely sets how your shave will turn out. Since it doesn’t affect safety, you can just use the blades that sit on the razor’s head.
Can Trimmer Blades Cut Your Skin?
Under normal circumstances, no.
At the factory, trimmer blades are well-aligned so as not to nip your skin. But, if the trimmer falls, the blades could get knocked out of their alignment. That makes it easy for the buzzer to nick you.
Can Using A Trimmer Make Your Skin Black?
All types of hair cutting, even trimming, are liable to make skin appear darker. That’s because the process itself is aggressive in nature. The blades, sharp or not, always put the skin under stress, and blackening is merely a reaction.
To prevent your skin from becoming darker while shaving, here are some tips:
1. Ensure that you moisten your face enough. Start by wetting the area with water before maximizing the effect with a heavy shave cream.
2. If you’re using an electric trimmer, cut your hair in the morning when your face is dry.
3. Avoid snagging your hair while shaving because it may cause nicks on your neck area.
4. If you use aftershave balm, ensure that it does not contain any alcohol. Alcohol is good for the stomach *laughs*, but it can darken and harden the skin. That means you should check the ingredients in all your shaving products.
5. Finally, practice exfoliation. Every 2 to 3 weeks, the process helps you remove dead cells and give room for younger, fresher skin cells to come up. When that happens, your skin tone rebalances, and the darkening goes down.
MenNStuff 101: If you want to exfoliate safely at the comfort of your home, read here.
Is Clean Shave Good?
Check these benefits out:
1. Clean shaving makes you look and feel younger.
2. It also makes you a favorite candidate for women. Although it is a common belief, not all women like beards.
3. It compliments a formal, corporate appearance.
4. It removes dead skin, thus saving you from acne.
How Do You Fully Clean Shave?
Clean shaving isn’t very straightforward. Some people struggle with it, but you won’t have to. That’s because we have these steps lined up for you:
1. Before shaving, soften and wet your hair. If you want the best shaving experience, do it after the shower. At that time, your skin is usually warm, moist, and free of any dead skin and oil. Such an environment makes the blade do an excellent job.
MenNStuff: If you shave over oily skin, you will clog the blade and render it inefficient.
2. Once your skin is wet, add gel or shaving cream. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should use an unreactive product like the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Body and Face Moisturizer.
3. Start shaving in the direction your hair grows. If you do it any other way, you risk developing burns and bumps.
4. After each swipe, rinse the blade. That should help prevent or at least minimize irritation.
5. When you finish the job, dry the razor entirely and store it well. That way, you’ll avoid any bacterial growth
MenNStuff 101: If you have acne, here are some take-home tips:
1. Use razors with sharp blades.
2. While shaving, be gentle so that you prevent nicking your skin. That way, you will protect your acne.
Can You Use Trimming For Pubic Hair Removal?
Bikini trimmers are the best because they will cause you less irritation. More importantly, though, is how you trim.
Doing the buzzing carefully and properly will save you from ingrown hairs and razor burns.
MenNStuff 101: Use the steps in the previous section to get the job done excellently.
Does Trimmer Make Hair Grow Faster?
Trimming only affects how the hair looks. Growth happens below the skin, and no trimmer or shaver goes that far. If you want to grow your hair faster, you may want to try any of these products:
What Is The Difference Between A Razor And A Trimmer?
Here is a table for you:
|Cuts hair to the last millimeter||Controls the length of hair and doesn’t cut it all|
|Most of them are not automatic||Some are electric and may need to be plugged into a power source|
|Provides a clean, flat shave||It helps to style hair, especially facial hair|
|You need to change razor blades often or even dispose of them altogether.||Trimmers only need a change of blade.|
|Razors can cause cuts if mishandled||If you’re careful, your trimmer can’t nick or nip your skin|
Which Is The Best Trimmer For Men?
That would be the Philips Norelco MG3750 Multigroom All-In-One. Let’s see some of its deets:
About the Best Trimmer for Men: Philips Norelco Brand
1. It comes with 13 attachments to meet all your grooming needs.
2. It is easy to detach and clean the guard and blades.
3. The blades are made of high-quality tempered steel. So, you don’t have to worry about them breaking, dulling, or rusting.
4. You don’t need any oil to maintain the trimmer’s excellent performance.
5. It comes with a rechargeable battery, which lasts up to an hour. Indeed, 60 minutes is more than enough time to get your style on.
6. You can use it for:
Nose and ear trimming
That’s why it’s a multipurpose item.
1. It is ergonomic and weighs around 9 ounces, making shaving a less-tasking thing.
2. It costs $17.95, which makes it a well-priced product.
3. The people who’ve bought it say that it’s the best trimmer they’ve ever owned. It’s convenient, exact, and has a very functional battery.
So, after that rundown, you should consider getting yourself a Philip Norelco trimmer. Buy it here.
Other trimmers you can try:
Now, you know that a trimmer cannot give you a clean shave. Instead, it helps you style and puts less pressure on your skin than a shaver or blade. Although it can discolor or damage your skin, you have ways to counter that. Also, you know the ins and outs of a clean shave and the best trimmer out there. Way to go!
And our business here is done!
If you enjoyed the read, don’t forget to share the link with others. For any comments, enjoy typing into the boxes below. And as you exit, here are some topics that will surely tickle your fancy:
- Best Shaving Kit For Men| Enjoy All The Essentials Of A Smooth Shave In One Convenient Pack
- Can You Shave With A Pocket Knife? Make Your Shaving Easy Anytime & Anywhere
- Can I Shave My Mustache? When You Should Shave To Boost Your Looking
- Why Do My Legs Itch After Shaving? Itching Is A Mystery Solve It
- How To Take Apart A Shaving Razor? Procedure To Apart The Blades From Razor
Ciao, and see you in the next post!