Last Updated on March 6, 2021 by Bob De Generio
Yes, you can. Shaving is a part of the daily schedule for men. There are many reasons you don’t want or can’t use a shaving cream or a soap to shave. Therefore, you need to shave with just water. Shaving using only water is a simple, effective, and fast way to remove your facial hair. Once you stop using shaving cream or soap, you will realize the convenience of shaving with just water.
Steps To Shave – Only With Water.
1. Choose the right razor which is sharp and convenient to hold.
2. Clean and free the razor from hair. Any material in the blades can cause inefficiency and discomfort while shaving. Rinse to unclog the edges, and wipe with a small brush or a cloth
3. Make sure that the blades of the razor are sharp but not excessively. Skilled people should use sharp razors. You can check the sharpness of the razor by wetting your thumbnail. Check the sharpness by dragging your thumbnail or thumb across the edge of your chosen razor. Without applying pressure, you can feel the sticking sensation if the razor is Sharp.
4. Clean the area of shaving to help avoid bacteria getting into the pores of your skin. Make your environment clean and bacteria-free.
5. Especially for close shaving, exfoliate your skin before you shave only with water. It helps to scrub off the dead skin that has clogged the pores and exposes the follicles of your hair.
6. Wet or wash the whole shaving area with warm water. The heat will make the hair soft and will also open the pores. It will be easier to shave using warm water. A warm cloth can also be used to place on the shaving area for a few minutes.
7. Use the adequate amount of pressure you want to apply to shave the required area. Press firmly and shave the entire area gently. Give the amount of pressure that removes the hairs at the follicle. Avoid putting more pressure as it can draw blood. Use the razor by placing it at around 45⁰ to the skin.
8. Make a smooth and short stroke initially in the direction your hair is grown to give precise shaving. First, shave the areas that are not having any tricky crevices or corners. These sections should be shaved in the end as you need to stretch your fingertips for these problematic areas. Regular rinsing the razor while shaving will help unclog the shaved hairs from the blades of the razor.
9. You need to pay close attention while shaving as you are shaving just with water. You need to check the cleanliness of your razor. However, sometimes you need to shave a few areas twice.
10. After shaving, use ice cubes or cold water on the shaved area to prevent inflammation, closing the pores, and ingrown hairs. Splashing the shaved area with cold water will also help to remove the loose hair. Besides, it will prevent the shaved area from any bacteria getting inside your skin.
11. Dry the shaved area with a paper towel or a clean cloth dabbing the extra water out from the area.
12. If your skin is sensitive, you can apply aftershave or a lotion on the shaved area. You can also use aloe gel for moisturizing your skin.
Shaving With Just Water.
Shaving only with water depends on the type of skin and the level of sensitivity you have. Shaving with just water may not or maybe the best idea.
By using these useful tips, you can get a smooth shave. Shaving using only water is also helpful when water is scarce. Change your razor after 4-5 uses. You need to be extra careful while shaving just with water to avoid irritation.
Experiment this way to shave will give you pleasure and get rid of buying expensive shaving creams and gels. Besides, it is the easiest, simplest, and quickest way to use it in your everyday life. It also saves time and prevents from side effects of irritations of shaving creams and gels. So, come out of the fear of shaving just with water and try this new shaving way.
Aqua Jet Razors For Shaving With Just Water.
You can use Aqua Jet Razor if you want a new way of shaving only with water. It does not require any cream, gel, or foam. You will need only water to get the best possible close shave. These razors are hooked with a water source through connectors. Hence the water funnels from the razor and goes out of the blades as you shave.
Besides, you can use hot or cold water with Aqua Jet Razors. Similarly, irritation is eliminated, and it promotes a cleaner shave as compared to other shaving methods.
Types Of Razors Used For Shaving.
There are different categories of hair and skin type for all people. You need to choose the right razor for the kind of a shave you want, or according to your skin type. Some types of razors and their uses are described in the below-mentioned table:
Table 1: Types Of Razors And Its Uses
|S. No.||Razor Type||Feature||Uses|
|1||Straight Razor||Sharpest||It needs skill and more time. If you are not skilled, avoid using it to shave only with water.|
|2||Safety Razor||Double-edged||It can be used for a close shave. You can use it to shave only with water if you know how to use it.|
|3||Electric Razor||Easily Used||Useful for a watered or dry skin. A close shave is not possible with these razors.|
|4||Disposable Razors||Easy To Clean||It is the best option to shave only with water. It cleans easily, and blades or entire razor can be disposed of after a few uses.|
Necessary Precautions For Shaving With Just Water.
It would help if you took the necessary precautions when you shave only using water. Some of the precautions are the following:
1. Avoid using more pressure. Shave with the lightest possible touch and drag the razor over the shaving area.
2. Avoid over-shaving, as it can irritate.
3. Avoid using sharp blades when you shave only with water. Use sharp ones, only if you are skilled in using it.
4. Avoid shaving when on dry skin. It should be wet before you start shaving.
By taking some precautions, you can turn your shaving schedule into a healthy shaving routine. Overcome the fear of shaving just with water, and make you shaving a part of your wellness routine.
Q1: Is It Wrong To Just Shave With Water?
You could end up with some skin discomfort if you are not patient and super gentle. Can I just use water and a razor to shave my pubic area? OK, but brace, probably nicknames, for severe razor burn and swallowed hair. Use baby oil or conditioner if you do not have shaving cream.
Q2: What Do You Need, Wet Or Dry Hair For Shaving?
Dry skin causes fewer nicks and cuts than wet rashes. This is because an electric raspberry blade does not get in touch with the skin and can’t cut you down. That’s why dry shaving is faster than wet, but also why wet shaving creates a more luxurious shave.
Q3: Is Rubbing Warm Or Cold Water Better?
The hot water makes your beard soft; the whiskers are stiff with cold water. Cold-water thus makes the shave better.