A 16-year-old boy’s average weight is approximately 53.5 kg. The weight of a person solely depends on BMI (body mass index) or, in more straightforward terms- body build-up. Going for an example, a 5ft. 10inches tall 16-year-old boy might weigh 65kgs, which is pretty standard.
Understanding Average Weight And Height For 16 Year Old Boys
Teenagers attain most of the growth by 18-20 years. After that, growth ceases up to some extent. A teenage boy’s height and weight may witness a lot of variations due to remarkable growth. Understanding the average weight and height of 16-year-old boys depends on detailed analytics of many factors that affect their development. These factors primarily include-
1. Calorie intake
2. Physical activity
3. Fat percentages
4. Body build-up
Being conscious about physical measures won’t bring you any award. But they may certainly stand up for you against upcoming health problems. The more you get to understand your body, the easier it becomes to handle any adverse situations. As stated earlier, your body measures depend on the age factor too.
Here We Present To You Average Body Measures According To Ranges Of Age-
Average Weight VS. BMI
The average weight provides helpful information regarding on-going changes in the body during teenage. Still, due to the lack of practical tests, it couldn’t be used for diagnostics purposes. Due to this fact, there arises a need for a better way of analyzing physical measures, which ultimately gave rise to the concept of BMI or Body Mass Index.
The Center for Disease Control suggests using BMI calculations to track down your health parameters and place them in different categories that let us know whether you are underweight, average weight, overweight, or obese proportions. Body Mass Index is itself a parameter calculated by dividing body mass by height squared.
BMI helps to get a more in-depth insight into your body growth in comparison to average weight. But with all pros, cons do exist. Even BMI isn’t being used for diagnostic purposes to diagnose any health-related issue. Any health care specialist would perform several other tests to analyze and confirm the results.
Therefore, it could be said that results ensued from BMI are more or less just a superficial idea about your health. It would, therefore, be suggested not to rely on BMI results entirely.
BMI Calculator Method
BMI calculation could easily be performed without much hassle. All you need is a reliable calculating device, your body measures in the proper system of units (height and weight- both measures belonging to the same system of units), and guidance of steps for your body mass index.
Eager enough to know how fit or unfit you are and under what category you fall in? Here, we provide you with the quick steps to calculate your Body Mass Index and to make you aware of where you stand. Here we go-
1. Choose an appropriate system of units with which you are comfortable- either metric (kilograms, meter, and centimeters) or US customary (pounds, feet, and inches)
2. The formula for BMI calculation is- weight divided by height squared (weight/height2)
3. Enter the parameters in your calculating device according to the formula.
4. The result provides you with your BMI or Body Mass Index
Now that you have your BMI result in your hands, you can analyze your body’s health and decide what needs to be done. Does it need more intake of calories, or does it need a workout?
BMI For Boys
Only having BMI results in your hand won’t be a favor for your health. The results need proper analysis and monitoring. BMI analysis includes comparing your results with standards to have in-depth insights into your body and categorize your health accordingly. You’ll come through the major categories: underweight, average weight, overweight, and obesity.
BMI Categories For Different Ages:
|13||15.3 or under||15.3-21.6||21.6-25||25.1 and over|
|14||16 or under||16-23.6||23.6-25.9||26 and over|
|15||16.7 or under||16.7-23.5||23.4-26.7||26.8 and over|
|16||17.3 or under||17.3-24.3||24.2-27.4||27.5 and over|
|17||17.8 or under||17.7-24.9||25-28.1||28.2 and over|
|18||18.3 or under||18.2-25.6||25.6-28.8||28.9 and over|
|19||18.8 or under||18.7-26.3||26.3-29.8||29.7 and over|
The table provided above gives you a detailed vision of how values of BMI categories are set as per the individual’s age. Not to forget, age does play a significant role while determining your health. For example, a specific set of parameters might fall into the category of overweight at a particular low age group. Still, it might fall into the category of average weight at a higher age group.
Bodies Of Teens
Are you worried about drastic changes taking place in your teenage? Are these changes making you conscious? Let us tell you to calm down and accept these changes with all grace because they are quite normal. You all might have heard about the term- ‘Puberty.’ When puberty hits, the body deforms and reforms itself. There are quite a few essential aspects of the typical teenage body and the changes they go through-
1. Hormonal changes are the most remarkable changes that can drive anyone out of mind. At the age of puberty, hormones are at their peak, bringing in lasting effects throughout life. The curves and bulges girls are worried about, and the masculinity boys show off at this age result from these hormonal changes.
2. Being worried about the sudden increase in height for boys and weight put-on in girls is quite common. But as pediatricians say, for years of study and research, the age of 10-14 in girls and 12-16 in boys bring in significant body changes that could affect their mental health too.
3. Talking about body changes and forgetting genes seems to be quite impossible. Genetics, as already known, plays a significant role in shaping and designing various body features. If a skinny individual turns out to be quite muscular after teenage is over, that can be due to the genes.
How To Lose Weight At 16?
Now that you know which category you fall in, it’s high time to decide about your body needs. If you fall into the category of overweight or obese, it is an open invitation to numerous fatal diseases.
Unhealthy fat can make you prone to several unwelcomed diseases. And not to forget, teenage is a growing age. If you put yourself into a healthy lifestyle from here onwards, it will help you all through your life. It can avoid old age health problems. Following steps could indeed result in good health-
1. Make realistic goals and never lose motivation to burn out those bulges and give lean cuts.
2. Avoiding fats is not a solution. A balanced diet is a must.
3. Fiber and proteins will build up your body with balanced nutrients.
4. Cut down sugar intake to avoid extra calories.
5. Physical activity will lead to movement and lubrication of muscles.
6. Avoid intoxications or addictions.
How To Assist Your Child To Lose Weight?
Follow the below-mentioned tips to help your child in losing weight-
1. Support and motivation is the first weapon.
2. Consulting a health expert is a must.
3. Children always do what they see; act accordingly.
4. The entire family needs to adopt healthy living and food habits.
5. Set small, achievable goals and reward them for maintaining the zeal.
6. Be encouraging and a role model for your child.
Q1) Will I Lose Weight If I Stop Eating?
Ans- Skipping or avoiding meals may lead to a slower metabolic rate, leading to sickness. To lose weight, keep track of calories and burn more than you intake.
Q2) What Is A Normal BMI Calculation?
Ans- It varies mostly depending on age, and other factors but 18.5-24.9 is considered a safer range for most adults.
Q3) How Tall Should I Be At 16?
Ans-Healthy BMI range at 16 is considered 17.75-28.75, which gives an average height of 5ft -5ft 9inches.