Last Updated on September 14, 2023 by Chase Reiner
Yes, men wear thongs. According to a study published in the Journal of Sex Research, approximately 10% of men have worn a thong at least once in their lifetime. Men wear thongs for a variety of reasons, including comfort, appearance, support, and sexuality.
Jump To A Section
Do Men Wear Thongs – 9 Reasons
Yes, some men do wear thongs, a type of underwear characterized by a narrow strip of fabric in the back, with a thin waistband that goes around the hips. Here are some detailed reasons why some men choose to wear thongs:
- Comfort and Minimalism: Thongs provide minimal fabric coverage, which some men find more comfortable than traditional underwear like boxers or briefs. The absence of excess fabric reduces the risk of bunching or riding up, making thongs a practical choice for many.
- Reduced Visibility: Thongs are designed to minimize visible underwear lines, making them an ideal choice when wearing tight or form-fitting clothing. This feature is particularly valuable for men who want to maintain a sleek and seamless look.
- Fashion and Style: Thongs come in various designs, colors, and materials, allowing men to express their personal style and preferences. Some men appreciate the aesthetics and feel more confident in stylish underwear.
- Specific Activities: Thongs are chosen by some men for specific activities, such as sports, workouts, or dancing. The minimal design can reduce friction and offer support without adding bulk or hindering movement.
- Tanning: Thong-style swimwear is popular among men who want to achieve an even tan without tan lines. This swimwear style provides minimal coverage while complying with swimwear norms.
- Body Confidence: For some men, wearing thongs enhances their body confidence and self-esteem. They may feel more attractive and comfortable in this style of underwear.
- Temperature and Breathability: Thongs can offer better temperature regulation and breathability, which can be especially beneficial in hot and humid climates. The reduced fabric means less insulation and a cooler feel.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, the choice to wear thongs is a matter of personal preference. Just as with any other type of clothing or underwear, individuals have varying tastes and comfort levels, and thongs may align better with their preferences.
- Gender Identity and Expression: Some men, including those in the LGBTQ+ community, may wear thongs as a form of gender expression or to align with their identity. This reflects the diversity of preferences and the evolving understanding of gender and fashion.
What Age Is Appropriate To Wear Thongs?
People can wear thongs at any age. However, for children younger than about 14, it’s best to stick to more traditional underwear like briefs or underpants with a waistband.
Men who are over 18 can wear thongs just as easily – and in some cases even easier! There is no particular age restriction on men wearing thong underwear. But because they have an extra layer of fabric that isn’t there when you’re donning traditionally styled male underwear (like boxer shorts), they do tend to show up underneath clothing which might make them inappropriate for formal occasions like work meetings or school presentations where the students may be asked not to dress too casually.
When deciding whether or not your man should get his first pair of thongs, you should ask him if he is a fan of the extra comfort that wearing them can provide. If so, then go ahead and buy him his first pair!
What Does It Mean When A Girl Wears A Thong?
This article talks about whether or not men can wear thongs. It says that in some cases it is easier for them to wear than traditionally styled male underwear, but because of the extra layer, they can show up under clothing which makes them inappropriate for certain formal occasions like work meetings and school presentations. However, if your man likes the feel of wearing a thong then go ahead and buy him his first pair! Wearing one means you are confident enough with who you are as an individual to be able to express yourself without being afraid; sometimes people will be too embarrassed themselves even though they might want other people to know how they feel with their individuality so by expressing themselves through what they choose to wear can help others do this also.
Would You Consider Wearing A Thong?
Would you consider wearing a thong? Perhaps not traditionally, but if they are styled in such a way that it can’t be seen under clothing then it really comes down to personal preference. Some people like them and some don’t; the verdict is still out on what constitutes an appropriate garment for males to wear!
Who Told You That Men Can’t Wear Thongs?
Who told you that men can’t wear thongs? It’s not really a matter of “can” or “can’t”. Some people are fashion-forward enough to want to try them. You might be surprised by how many guys actually do!
As an individual, it is important for you to feel comfortable in your own skin and express yourself without being afraid. Sometimes people will be too embarrassed themselves even though they might want other people to know who they really are through their individuality so by expressing themselves through what they choose to wear can help others do this also. Who told you that men can’t wear thongs? It’s not really a matter of “can” or “can’t”. Some people are fashion forward enough to want to try them.
You might be surprised by how many guys actually do! As an individual, it is important for you to feel comfortable in your own skin and express yourself without being afraid. Sometimes people will be too embarrassed themselves even though they might want other people to know who they really are through their individuality so expressing themselves through what they choose to wear can help others do this also.
If clothing helps with someone’s self-confidence then that person should continue wearing it as long as he or she feels good about him or herself when doing so. A lot of times wearing a garment will make the wearer happy which can affect his mood positively making him more confident than before because this type of garment makes them feel unique.
There is no such thing as men wearing thongs. Thongs are a type of garment worn by both male and female genders, but they’re also considered underwear or swimwear so it’s very unlikely that someone would be wearing one in public. It might be possible to find some sort of shirt with a strap on the back which could technically be referred to as a “thong” piece of clothing, but these types of shirts were not designed for this purpose so there is no true answer when asking if we can say whether or not males can wear them externally because it’s unclear what you mean by this question.
Has Anyone Seen A Man In A Thong Before?
No, because they are not usually worn in public.
Many people wear thongs underneath their clothes, but there’s no such thing as can men wear thongs on the outside of clothing. They’re considered underwear or swimwear at best. It might be possible to find some sort of shirt with a strap on the back for this purpose though – which could technically be called a “thong” piece of clothing – but these pieces were never designed for this so it doesn’t answer your question whether males can wear them externally; it just shows that you need more information about what you mean when asking if we can say whether or not males can wear them externally. For example, if someone is wearing one around their waist then yes, they can wear them.
In summary, it is possible for a man to wear the thong-type clothing externally as long as he doesn’t mind being laughed at and/or arrested by police officers for public indecency. But in all seriousness, there’s no such thing as can men wear thongs on the outside of their clothes – because they’re not worn publicly enough that someone would be able to answer your question with any degree of certainty or authority either way.
What you should do if this interests you: read up about why more women are wearing underwear types like these when most guys never have before; how old people feel about them; whether or not some swimsuits allow male wearers (and vice versa!) to wear them.
Hi, this is Chase Reiner from Idaho, USA. I am very passionate about fashion, My blog is all about exploring the latest fashion trends for men. I am a fashion lover and I love finding out what the hottest trends are and sharing all these in this MenNStuff.Com