Last Updated on October 9, 2021 by Bob De Generio
Timothy Dykes │UNSPLASH
On many forums, you’ll read that a pale man isn’t a cup of tea for most women. Surprisingly, some men even weigh in on the issue. They say that:
1. Paleness implies that a man doesn’t go out much; thus, he is introverted and shy. Knowing women, such kind of a man wouldn’t be attractive to them.
2. When you look at sex icons, you’re less likely to find pale males. For example, if you look at the sexiest men alive since 1985, only a handful are pale.
3. If a pale man makes the cover of a lifestyle magazine, they have stronger areas than their skin. Generally, culture appreciates the tanned man more than the pale one.
4. Also, society takes tanned, darker men to be more masculine and the lighter ones a little smooth and feminine. I’m sure you’ve seen it in funny clips and memes.
While some perceptions may not sit well with everyone, we can’t ignore the legacy they’ve formed. For example, pale skin has long been seen as a symptom of many diseases like:
2. Respiratory infections
3. Folate deficiency
That explains why people see tanned skins as being healthier and pale ones as sickly.
If you’re a male, pale, still reading this, no offense.
In this article, we’ll look at everything in and around paleness. We’ll mention facts, health issues, preferences, and even issues on pale skin shaming. So, stick around to get all the nitty-gritty details.
Is Being Really Pale Attractive?
Yes and no.
In 2010, a study showed that women prefer yellower, redder men than paler ones. That’s because they saw the healthy glow as being more attractive. If you don’t believe it, read what National Geographic says here.
Pale women also suffer the same perception issue. If they’re very fair-skinned, men will skip them and go for the tanner ones. That happens mostly in Western countries, which have set the beauty standard further from whiteness. Sadly, that Western vibe has penetrated North America immensely.
So, depending on where you are on the globe, people will take your paleness differently. Thank God if you’re in Asia or Scandinavia because being pale is the most beautiful thing there.
Facts About Pale Skin
Nick Karvounis │ UNSPLASH
1. Pale skin means a lack of melanin. But, it is not genetic like albinism. It just happens.
2. It is common among natives in Northeast Asia and Europe.
3. It can and does reflect light.
4. There are more pale people in areas with colder climates.
5. Fair-skinned people make more vitamin D because they absorb more sunlight.
6. However, when sunlight is too high, they are more likely to get sunburns.
7. Also, their skins age faster and wrinkles aggressively as compared to darker skins.
Pale Skin Shaming For Men And Women
We’ve seen that both men and women consider paleness as unattractive. So, that begs the question, how do pale people feel? Because of how we perceive them, they become self-aware and, sadly, ashamed of the skin they wear.
For women, the shame runs deeply. For men, not so much, unless the pale male doesn’t have solid self-esteem.
Anyway, here’s how pale skin shaming goes down if you’re the light one:
1. Your skin will be called blinding, unhealthy, or even pasty.
2. People will tell you to get tanned. If not, they’ll let you know that tan would look and feel better on you.
3. You’ll be treated like a fragile item under the sun.
4. Someone will think you’re ill and ask you to get checked.
5. When you’re out in the sun, they’ll ask you if you have some sunscreen with you.
6. They’ll assume you don’t like sunny, hot places.
7. Your close friends will pitch your skin side by side with theirs, showing how darker they are.
8. Others may wear sunglasses around you because of your skin’s ‘blinding’ effect.
Is Pale Skin Unhealthy?
Yes and no.
For some people, paleness is natural. For others, it could mean that there’s an anemia problem going on. When there are fewer red blood cells, less oxygen will move around the body. Thus, the body will lose vibrancy.
When pale skin springs out of a health issue, it comes alongside these symptoms:
3. Shortness of breath
5. Runny nose, fever, and chills
6. Decreased energy
If someone’s worried about their pale skin, ask them if they check the above boxes. If not, they’re okay.
How To Not Look Pale For Guys
If you’re embarrassed about being pale, don’t beat yourself up. There are plenty of ways you can appear darker without harming your skin. Check these steps out:
1. Using Foundation
Get an excellent product like this by Dermablend. As you buy it, choose a shade that’s dark or twice darker than your skin’s.
But before you do, visit a makeup counter and try their services out. Then, if you like them, you can start tanning yourself.
And yes, guys can also use foundation. If you don’t believe it, ask Spy.com.
2. Wear Pale Colors
This is more convenient, especially for those who’re not ready to try any skincare products. All you’ll need is to wear clothes ranging from light yellow, ivory, peach, and pale pink.
For your hair, try light brown or blonde shades. That way, it’ll blend with your paleness and accentuate your overall style.
3. Use A Bronzer
A bronzer is a makeup product that gives a bronze color. If you go for it, it’ll add warmth to your pale skin, says Fabbon.com. So as you go shopping, try out the Rimmel Natural Bronzer. Here’s one happy, very-pale-skinned satisfied customer:
Who Has The Whitest Skin In The World?
The palest people, aside from albinos, ought to be Scandinavians. These are people from Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, and countries around that region. Scotland is also notorious for its redheaded pales.
Estonia, for example, has more natural fair-skinned people than any other part worldwide. If you happen to visit their capital, you’ll drown in the many white skins and blue eyes. Check out this Quora answer to see crowds of ‘white people.’
While some people may consider pale men unattractive, they are beautiful in their skin. So, there’s no need for them to seek tanner complexions because it shows a lack of self-worth. Instead, we should make them feel comfortable because their skin’s fairness is natural.
And that was it. If you have a comment, the space below is all yours. Before you leave, read more here: