Last Updated on September 7, 2023 by Reiner Chase
Planet Fitness offers a day pass for $10, allowing non-members access to their facilities. Members can bring a guest for free or $3-$5 per visit, depending on the location. Guest policies and fees may vary, so it’s best to check with your local Planet Fitness.
Jump To A Section
Day Pass Policy Explained
Planet Fitness also refers to its day pass feature as the free trial, but it is separate. As you already know, free trials have limitations, so the day pass is not exempted.
- First, this feature only applies to people who live within the club’s environs. For example, if I live in Brooklyn, the club in the area owes me a day pass. But, there’s more.
- Each person (in residence in and around the club) can enjoy a day pass every three months. So, you can go there only four times in a calendar year in the name of the free trial.
- There are no charges for that one day you go, and you’ll be required to take a tour around the club.
- Also, you’ll need to present an ID for verification. It will help them know if you’re from within the state. Remember that they can’t serve you if you’re not a resident.
To enjoy the day pass at Planet Fitness, visit daypass.planetfitness.com and see yourself to the end. On the website, here’s what the gym will require of you:
- Your city, state, country, and info about the club
- Essential information like name, email address, and club info
- Once you’ve filled in the form completely, click on Continue.
- You’re now ready to enjoy your one-day free pass.
Leave Alone The Day Pass: The Planet Fitness Free Trial
If you want more than a one-day-in-90-days agreement, Planet Fitness has a free trial membership. They don’t offer it as a commitment or contract, so you can terminate it before it ends without a penalty.
- It usually stands for 14 days and isn’t charged. Also, you’re not obligated to sign a full contract once the trial lapses. That is an excellent feature because most gyms make it a must for membership after the free trial. So, you understand why many people find this policy attractive.
- If you choose to extend your membership, Planet Fitness does the honor of waiving the $10 enrollment fee. We doubt that any other company does the same.
So, if you’ve exhausted the one-day pass, go to the club and ask for a free trial. But, what if you know someone who has a PF Black Card membership? Well, find out more about the guest policy, which we’ve explained below.
Guest Policy Explained
You can enjoy this Planet Fitness policy by tagging along with a friend who has a special Black Card. PF allows each premium member to bring a plus-one in an effort to increase its membership.
For a member to share the guest pass policy, they need to have a premium membership. Those with the basic, $10-a-month subscription are not eligible.
For a PF Black member to share his guest pass, he should follow these instructions:
- Tap on the Planet Fitness mobile app.
- Then, navigate to the Guest Pass policy and generate an invite link to send to the guest.
- Finally, the guest will complete a short process and register as your tag-along person. They will get a digital key tag that will make checking in easier for them.
But, of course, the guest pass has limitations. So, don’t step in and use every facility. Instead, research and know what Planet Fitness allows or does not.
- The guest you choose to bring should be at least 13 years old. Essentially, Planet Fitness designs its products for teenagers and above.
- But, if the guess is between 13 and 17, they should be accompanied by a guardian or parent.
- PF Black Card perks are not entirely accessible to PF Black Card guests.
Other Planet Fitness Policies
Now that we’ve seen two Planet Fitness, how about checking out others? This section will help you break down Planet Fitness policies and help you understand how the institution works.
1. Non-Discrimination Policy
Like many other gyms, PF does not allow or tolerate any form of bigotry or discrimination. As long as the law speaks against it, Planet Fitness stands by it.
Note that members have access to locker rooms and restrooms that match the gender that they conform to.
2. Anti-Harassment Policy
Planet Fitness doesn’t condone physical or verbal abuse of anyone, including other members and staff. If such things happen, the offending party may have his membership canceled.
The offended person should report the incident to the club manager or any other staff member. But, if he doesn’t feel satisfied, he can write an email to [email protected].
3. General Etiquette
Every member is required to respect the personal space of others. He shouldn’t occupy too much space and allow others to use lazy equipment.
Once you’re done with your workout, PF expects you to wipe down the tools and return everything where you found it. Generally, you are expected to be courteous and respectful.
4. Judgement Free Policy [Unique To Planet Fitness]
This particular policy prevents members from being intimidated by others. It is usually anti-lunk, and it tells others to avoid actions that may make others feel awful about their workouts.
For example, things like mocking, cruising, and making awful comments about how someone looks aren’t allowed. Also, attracting attention by strutting and flexing is frowned upon. To add, you shouldn’t yell, grunt, or groan, or do anything that displays your effort out loud.
5. Dress Code Policy
Planet Fitness does not allow you to show up with revealing, offensive, or intimidating clothes. Also, don’t wear anything that may damage equipment or make the gym a dangerous place.
To add, you shouldn’t come into the gym with soiled shoes. Then, don’t walk in with a t-shirt that has an offensive message. Finally, keep all your personal belongings in your assigned locker.
6. Policy On Using Mobile Devices
Since phones often infringe the privacy of others, PF has the following limitations related to mobile device use:
- You can’t take videos or photos, and neither can you make any calls in the locker rooms.
- When listening to any audio, you should wear earbuds or headphones.
- You can only receive or make calls in the lobby area of the club.
- You shouldn’t want inappropriate or offensive content in the gym.
- Any videos or photographs taken should only capture those who agree.
- Don’t use your Planet Fitness images for commercial purposes at all.
7. Membership Freeze Policy
You may put your account on hold for a while, especially if you have a medical condition. If that happens, you will talk to a club team member and freeze the account for a specific period.
In case you freeze at a time when a payment is scheduled, Planet Fitness may waive or reschedule the amount. But, if you paid early, your membership will be extended by how long your freeze lasted.
Is There a Planet Fitness Free Trial
Planet Fitness did not offer a standard free trial. They typically offer a day pass for a fee, as mentioned earlier. However, promotional offers and free trial periods can vary by location and may have been introduced since then. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, it’s best to visit the Planet Fitness website or contact your local branch directly.
Does Planet Fitness Have A Week Pass?
Planet Fitness primarily offered day passes, monthly memberships, and annual memberships. They did not have a standard week pass. However, promotional offers and pass options can vary by location and may have been introduced since then. To find out if a specific Planet Fitness location offers a week pass, you should check with that location or visit the Planet Fitness website for the latest information.
Can You Pay To Get Into Planet Fitness For A Day?
Planet Fitness has a day fee for both non-members and non-guests. It caters for a day at the gym and allows potential members to try the club before committing to it.
The fee is at the discretion of the particular club, and it applies if a member joins within a month of the first visit.
If you want to be a day visitor, you should have 18 years plus a valid ID or driver’s license. No one under 18 can buy the pass even when they come with a legal guardian.
Do You Have To Wear A Mask At Planet Fitness?
In a press release, Planet Fitness CEO Chris Rondeau made it mandatory for members to wear a mask. So, from August 1st, 2020, anyone who didn’t come without one wasn’t going to be allowed inside.
Can I Wear A Sports Bra To Planet Fitness?
Can I Bring A 17-Year-Old Guest To Planet Fitness?
Yes, you can.
But, it would help if you invited them formally using the Planet Fitness mobile app.
Can Guests Shower At Planet Fitness?
Can You Bring 2 Guests To Planet Fitness?
The guest pass only admits one extra member, not 2.
At Planet Fitness, you can enjoy a day pass every 90 days. With it, you will have a club tour and use some of the facilities. Then, the guest pass makes it possible to tag along with a friend with a PF Black Card membership.
Both policies are excellent for anyone trying our PF’s products without getting into a contractual agreement. So, if you have a PF club around, visit them and inquire more about those benefits.
And we’re done here!
If you enjoyed the article, let other people know by sharing it on your socials. Gym policies are somewhat challenging, but this post strives to clarify and demystify everything.
Then, let us know if we left out anything important, and we’ll be sure to add it when we do our routine updates.