Oakley is the most preferred brand of sunglasses that secret services use. Some of them also wear other brands, including the mascot, Tom Ford, Oliver, peoples, and Ray-ban. These brands of sunglasses give secret services to all the needs and comfort that they want to do in their jobs.
Why Do Secret Services Wear Sunglasses?
Secret services wear sunglasses because of the controversial nature of problems that exist in their services and the secrecy of their duties.
Wearing a sunglass makes secret services do their job correctly and without any interruption, because their job is to look even a distant location clearly without any disturbance.
Sunglasses also help to make them protected from sunlight. Their primary duty is to stand and find the people who may do something wrong and go with their leaders anywhere irrespective of the season, whether it is chilling cold in winter or scorching hot in the summer.
Secret services have to keep the focus on the crowd, and they have to draw their attention to every person. Using sunglasses makes them correctly do their work.
Why Is Oakley The Most Preferred Brand Of Sunglasses For Secret Services?
With superior technology and research, Oakley sunglasses have made their presence in the marketing world of sunglasses. From making the vision accuracy to sharp, Oakley sunglasses have become successful everywhere. The lenses of high definition optics in the sunglasses give sharp and clear images which mean that the secret services will have no problems of sight. Oakley Zero sunglasses are the most preferred eyewear of secret services.
Oakley sunglasses protect the eyes of the secret services from any harmful light whether they are UVC, UVB, or UVA. Secret services can choose suitable Oakley lenses according to their job because they have lenses of Iridium, polarized, etc. Secret services also prefer the elegant style of the sunglasses so that their look gets noticed. The brand Oakley doesn’t lack elegance in its sunglasses in any way.
Hydraulic coatings exist in some models of Oakley sunglasses. This kind of coating prevents the build-up of sweat and raindrops on the lenses. This feature makes secret services feel very comfortable to wear Oakley’s sunglasses.
Why Does The Secret Service Wear Dark Glasses?
1. Secret service wears dark glasses to protect their vision when they are out in the sun, and to make their night vision unaffected. Wearing dark sunglasses will help in accommodating easily with night vision.
2. The exposure of eyes to the bright sunlight can cause snow blindness due to which you won’t be able to see properly during the daytime, and you will have minimal vision at night.
3. They want those people around them should not to know where they are looking. People making mischief will not know that they are being observed.
4. It will protect them from debris and the sun’s glare that might blind them for a moment which could be crucial for them to miss while they are guarding the high profiles.
5. Sunglasses give a sense of mystery and intimidation to the secret service.
6. If someone is suspicious, they would already be keeping an eye on their every move without letting them know. If someone can see the eyes of the secret service, they will abort the mission and act casual, and wait till the secret service loses their attention.
Hence, it is a must accessory for secret service to wear when they are on their duty.
Other Brands Of Sunglasses Used By Secret Services
Apart from Oakley, here are some top brands that secret services prefer in the table given below that. All the brands have got something unique in their sunglasses.
|S. No.||Brands Of Sunglasses||Main Specifications|
|1||Prada||-It is an Italian brand which is well known for the distinctive looks of its sunglasses along with impeccable structures.|
|2||Burberry||-It is classic with style and design. -Its signature elements with contemporary styles give a fascinating look while wearing sunglasses.|
|3||Ray-Ban||-Since 1937, this brand has been giving different shades to the sunglasses. -From Wayfarer to Clubmaster, all the types of Ray-ban sunglasses are excellent.|
Uses Of Sunglasses
Sunglasses not only enhance your look but protect your eyes from many issues, including the problems caused by harmful sun rays.
Below-mention is some of the reasons stated by the American Optometric Association that one must don their sunglasses when they are out during daylight hours:
1. Protect eyes against the UV rays of the sun that can result in cataracts.
2. Protection against the solar spectrum’s blue light increases the risk of macular degeneration.
3. Gives more and improved comfortable vision from not getting squint.
4. Easy adaptation to darkness as bright light exposure can lead to difficulties adjust to driving during the night.
Sunglasses For Sun-Related Problems
It’s been widely known that 10% of skin cancers occur around the eyes. Eyelids are considered to be very sensitive to sunlight. The risk of skin cancer may be reduced by wearing sunglasses at the appropriate time. Glaucoma Research Foundation has said that there can be problems of cataracts that coexist with glaucoma due to the more prolonged eyes exposure to the sun.
Various sunglasses help in getting rid of macular degeneration that happens because of UV radiation that is harmful to the eyes. Wearing sunglasses regularly during the daytime can be prevention.
Pterygium is the problem that occurs due to UV damage in most cases. Sunglasses will help protect your eyes from damage due to the sun.
Protection From Elements
Sunglasses are helpful to prevent many diseases and protect from various elements and unfavorable weather conditions.
Spending too much time in the snow can damage eyes. Sunglasses protect from the harmful effects of UV rays. They are like a mirror that reflects the glare of the sun off the snow.
Sunglasses are also protection for your eyes from sand, dust particles, snow, debris, etc. Besides, it can protect you from snow blindness.
Hence, it is useful to wear sunglasses and prevent your eyes from eye damage and problems.
The United States Secret Service
Here are a few things which most people might not know about the secret service of the United States.
1. Abraham Lincoln established the secret service on April 14, 1865, the day when he was assassinated.
2. In 1908 nine secret service agents were hired by the attorney general. They commissioned these agents as the Justice Department’s special agents, later known as FBI or Federal Bureau of Investigation.
3. They do not belong to the Treasury Department anymore.
4. Secret service never had a traitor.
5. Every secret service gets presidential treatment.
6. It is also called the Uniformed Division of Secret Service as the White House police.
7. A single secret service died so far while protecting the president.
Secret Service is a unique service among the agencies of federal law enforcement as they protect the president, vice-president, their families, and other visiting heads of government and states in the United States.
Q1. What Sunglasses Do Secret Services Prefer To Wear?
Ans: It depends on the choice of individuals. The most liked sunglasses by the secret service are Oakley, Ray-Bans, and Maui Jim.
Q2. Why Does The Secret Service Always Wear Sunglasses?
Ans: Secret service wears sunglasses to protect their eyes from harmful UV rays and the ability to see people without letting them know.
Q3. Can Sunglasses Help To Prevent Eye Cancer?
Ans: Wearing sunglasses during bright daylight will help reduce the risk of developing skin cancer around the eyes.