Last Updated on May 3, 2021 by Bob De Generio
Here is a complete guide to Star Trek Shirt Colors and their meanings in detail-
– The dark blue color of a star trek shirt is often representative of Starfleet, the military branch of the United Federation of Planets.
– Red shirts are typically assigned to the engineering crew, or they can represent medical personnel.
– Gold shirts signify command staff in Starfleet.
– Green shirts are often worn by members of the operations division.
– Purple is a rare color on star trek shirts and it’s usually reserved for specialists in scientific fields or other high-ranking individuals with access to all areas of science.
– Black-colored Star Trek Shirt is usually worn by security or tactical officers.
– Yellow shirts represent the sciences division and individuals may work as scientists, doctors, or engineers in this department.
– Brown star trek shirt colors signify assigned positions to the explorer corps.
Why Did Kirk Wear Yellow In Star Trek?
One of the most popular stars trek shirt colors is yellow. This color signifies a member’s position in the sciences division and can be worn by scientists, doctors, or engineers.
The reason James T Kirk wore this specific star trek shirt was that he wanted his crew members to see him more than just their commanding officer; he wanted them to know they were working with each other for an important cause: exploration. He also loved wearing it because he knew how much command officers are usually seen on television shows like Star Trek.
Why Does Spock Wear Blue?
Because Spock of Star Trek was in the sciences division, he wore a dark blue shirt.
What Do Star Trek Voyager Uniform Colors Mean?
The Voyager uniform color means the wearer is a member of the command division. In this star trek shirt, that person would be in charge of starship operations and shipboard functions such as security, engineering, or communications.
Why Does Wesley Wear Red?
The Wesley of Star Trek wears a red shirt, which means he is in the engineering division. He’s responsible for weapons systems and power distribution while also maintaining starship subsystems such as engines or communications networks.
Note: The colors listed above do not represent uniforms from any one specific era in Star Trek history; they can be considered generalizations assigned to different groups within Starfleet based on their function aboard starships and space stations. Furthermore, some non-Starfleet personnel wears these colors as well such as aliens working alongside Starfleet officers. These colors may also signify rank among both species that serve together under the United Federation of Planets banner (i.e., red – commander).