Last Updated on January 21, 2021 by
Yes, it is possible to turn glasses into sunglasses. The transition lenses carry special patented phototropic dyes that could cause the lens to darken or activate when exposed to the sunlight’s ultraviolet rays. As the conditions of light changes, the level of tint gets adjusted, contributing the right tint at the exact right time. Or you could go to optometrists and ask them to put tint lenses into your glasses.
Tinted eyeglasses are said to be prevalent accessories because of their function and are also very trendy. Many people usually tint their eyeglasses to reduce blaze from the sun. Besides, the dark brown or the black shades in most sunglasses, eyeglasses could be dyed in an assortment of colors to suit your personality like wisely.
Your local eyeglass store could also tint your glasses for you. Still, if your lenses are made up of plastic, you don’t have to go anywhere as you can tint your existing eyeglasses easily at home. Glass lenses and lenses that come with some protective coatings would not absorb any dye. You can tint your lenses with specific equipment or can try any easy at-home solution.
Some Of The DIYs Are Explained Below:
Thermal Dye Unit
1. Firstly, remove your lenses from your eyeglasses by bulging them out of place.
2. After that, fill the thermal dye unit’s depression by two-thirds full of the lens tint solution in your chosen color.
3. Next, you need to turn the thermal dye unit on and let the tint heat up thoroughly. It would take almost half an hour. Then place each lens in the particular lens holder on the thermal dye unit and secure it into place.
4. Lower the lens-holding gadget into the tinting solution and then allow the lenses to soak in the solution for about 5 to 30 minutes, contingent upon the dye’s brightness. Dark shades usually take less time to dye the lenses than light shades as they might take up to 30 minutes.
5. Pick up the lenses out of the lens dye tinting solution and let the lens dry completely before removing them from the lens holder.
6. Lastly pop back the lenses back into their place in the glass frames.
Simple Lens Dyeing
1. Prepare the clothing dye according to the package directions in a facile pan of the distilled water. Most of the dyes usually require distilled vinegar as well as distilled water.
2. Next bring the clothing dye solution near the boil and then reduce it to a low stew. Try to keep the heat temperature to as low as possible while still maintaining a stir.
3. Place the plastic lenses into the dye and allow to stew until you have achieved your required color.
4. If you want to achieve a light color tint, it would require about 10 to 15 minutes, but it can take an hour to complete the intense color. Lastly, remove the lenses from the dye solution with a holder and then place dyed lenses on a cooling rack to let them soak.
5. Pop the lenses back into the glass-frames.
Some Useful Tips
Try to dye the pair of disposable lenses or some inexpensive glasses that come with plastic lenses. Then you will be able to notice the results and arbitrate that if this is precisely the look that you are willing to achieve for your everyday eyewear.
The clothing dye procedure is an effortless option for designing disposable or reading glasses, but you should always use caution when you’re dyeing expensive designer eyeglasses.
Always be careful when popping out the lenses out of their frames not to get damaged. If the lens would not persuade, try to soak the glasses into the warm water for a few minutes to take out the frame’s lenses.
Are Prescription Sunglasses Suitable For Eyes
Of course yes, and tinted prescription sunglasses are perfect for your eyes. They play the role of regular prescription glasses that do the correction and as sunglasses that protect your eyes from UV rays.
They are an essential part of the summer accessories, especially for the near-sighted or far-sighted people. However, their cost always depends on the place where you bought them. Their price usually starts from $50 or more.
The Table Below Is The Guide To Choose The Ultimate Tint Sunglasses.
|Gray||-Darkest possible tint for bright conditions. -Reduces brightness, and protects against glare. -Minimum color distortion. -Very good for driving and outdoor sports, like golf, cycling or running. -These are lighter density sunglasses for daily wear or driving. -Gradient tint is darker from the top, and then by the bottom side, it fades to a very light tint.|
|Amber||-Orange and yellow makes the Amber color. -Very beneficial at blocking the blue light such as one might experience on a cloudy day. -It improves contrast as well as depth perception. -It is very significant for tennis, skiing, golf or other sports that require acute visual perception and the contrast differentiation.|
|Yellow||-This tint increases the contrast in hazy, low light and foggy conditions. -Makes the object appear sharper at both indoors and outdoors, but could also cause color distortion. -These are best for indoor ball sports as well as snow activities. -Great for the shooters.|
|Brown||-A warmer and slightly brighter lens than the grey.-These lenses are great at blocking blue light that usually appears on a cloudy day. -Improves contrast as well as depth perception. -It is excellent for golf or skiing or tennis or other sports. -It is best for lower light situations.|
|Blue||-It is a contrast lens and reduces the glare from visible white light (reflected from fog, water, snow or mist). -Endorsed by the USPTA for tennis professionals. -The tint lenses that are light in the shade are best for daily wear. -Gradient tint is slightly darker from the top and then slightly fades to a very light tint for sexy reading by the bottom.|
|G-15||-A combination of both green and grey. -It is an excellent option for sunglasses. -It reduces glare considerably and also reduces eye-strain in bright sunlight. -It is an inspired RayBan tint.|
|Rose||-It helps to block blue light to improve the contrast. -It has a reputation of being more comfortable and soothing to the eyes than the others for the longer wear-times. -It is recommended for daily wear due to the lighter tint. -It is the most favorite amongst gamers and computer users as it reduces eye-strain and glare. -It is darker on the top, protecting against the distance glare and lighter on the bottom for reading.|
|Purple||-It is a very balanced color for the vision that gives natural color perception. -It is a bit darker on the upper side and slightly gets lights from the bottom. -These are hot and fashionable.|
1. Can You Make Your Sunglasses Prescription?
A very suitable way to get yourself with a pair of prescription sunglasses is to go and ask your optician and buy what suits you.
2. What’s The Best Tint For Sunglasses?
The most favorite lens tints amongst gamers or computer users are the sunglasses that have red lenses. They are more beneficial as they would reduce eye strain by blocking the blue light.
3. Are Transition Lenses As Good As Sunglasses?
With transitional lenses, you could wear sunglasses while you are driving and still you would be able to read essential street signs. Besides, these sunglasses would protect your eyes.
4. What Is The Cost to Put Prescription Lenses In Ray-Bans?
The price starts at $59.95. The cost depends on what tint or material you are willing to choose.