Last Updated on March 14, 2022 by
Gucci has been a master of luxury for a long time. Its products are made of high-quality materials with numerous unique ideas designs. The brand remains one of the most elegant, fashion-forward, and luxurious brands available. If you want a statement piece that will scream high-end, there is no other better place to look than a Gucci line. Gucci sunglasses combine ultra-chic design, quality materials, and close attention to detail. The premium Gucci sunglasses are a sought-after accessory that offers high-end style options but has great protection from the sun’s damaging rays. Gucci sunglasses have an outstanding craft. However, their materials and frame quality are not better than other brands costing half.
Should You Buy Gucci Sunglasses?
Gucci glasses cost between $300 and $500, and their basic start point is about $25. The plastic frame arms have plastic embedding. Therefore, one would expect the temple anchoring to be high quality and riveted at its high price. However, the frames don’t offer that, but the opposite side is just a decorative rivet!
You can get better or more for the same money from other brands. Gucci sun lenses are also made of plastic. If they were glass-made, they would be more durable. The lenses make the sunglasses heavier. Nonetheless, Gucci uses high-quality materials to manufacture the sunglasses, and they feel very good.
Gucci sunglasses are more of fashion statement pieces instead of being performance eyewear. If you love fashion, the sunglasses will be worth the money. However, if you are looking for performance-oriented sunglasses, you may want to consider buying from other brands.
Suppose you buy Gucci sunglasses in person, especially through a third-party seller, instead of buying directly from Gucci, in that case, you must be aware that some hidden charges raise the retail prices. The costs include rent for the third party’s store and other wages and commissions for the sale representatives.
A third party will want to see a difference in their books by making more profits from brand-name products. Therefore, accessories such as Gucci sunglasses will cost more in these stores as consumers expect and are willing to pay those high prices. The brand name effectively hides the costs without raising questions for most consumers who cherish luxury brands.
Are All Brand Names Expensive?
All luxurious brands sell expensive products, including Gucci. Even products that you would expect to cost a few dollars will cost hundreds of dollars only because of a brand name. The value of Gucci is the brand name. Therefore, most consumers only buy sunglasses because a designer label manufactures them.
Most designer brands, including Gucci, have intentionally cultivated this concept to generate an association between a brand and a wealthy, luxurious, desirable lifestyle. These high prices are a critical element of Gucci’s brand.
Gucci has numerous references in music in the modern pop-media context. The media has significantly contributed to the rapper-style wealth association and glamour that Gucci capitalizes on.
Customers willingly pay high prices for Gucci sunglasses and other products, reflecting a popularized cultural perception.
Why Gucci Glasses Are Expensive
The sunglasses are made in Italy. Gucci reports that their products are made in Italy for quality assurance. The brand’s sunglasses are manufactured in Italy, raising retail prices in the U.S and other markets globally.
Although the actual cost to import the sunglasses might increase their prices somehow, what drives the cost that high is the selling point of being manufactured in Italy. When Gucci advertises that they import their brand from Italy, it creates an atmosphere of scarcity around the sunglasses, thus improving the brand’s public perception and merchandise.
The Sunglasses Have High-Quality Standards
Gucci products are made in compliance with great quality standards. The sunglasses are crafted to meet the expectations the luxurious brand image generates.
The sunglasses are created with various features and niceties, including polarized lenses, blue light, and UV protection. Gucci makes sunglasses from plastic molds. This means that they manufacture their sunglasses cheaply. The sunglasses value is set in the designs but not the materials.
They Have Unique Designs
Gucci is a bold, youthful, and high-spirited brand. Their designs reflect this energy by making unique designs, including gold square frames and clout goggles. The aesthetic and lifestyle associated with the brand are part of what customers pay for when purchasing high-priced sunglasses.
High Publicity And Marketing Costs
Brands spend a lot of money documenting a whole brand and publicizing their sunglasses. Therefore, the cost becomes higher. The brand has a high overhead when it comes to marketing expenses. As the brand evolves and adds new items like fashion accessories, it has hired great artists to design its products.
Numerous factors contribute to how the brand creates every product, selling at a higher price. However, overhead alone isn’t the only factor affecting pricing.
High Technical Level
Gucci sunglasses are relatively well made as they block ultraviolet and infrared rays. Nonetheless, the environment’s color does not change, but the light intensity does. Sunglasses from luxurious brands such as Gucci use high-grade materials, including titanium, to make the frames.
The material is sometimes used in medical fields for operations such as cardiac surgery, but it is completely harmless. The material makes the sunglasses lighter compared to others from different brands. The process of titanium alloy plating is great without deformation. The high technical level makes them occupy an advantage when competing with similar products. The price of the sunglasses is also higher.
What To Look For When Buying Gucci Sunglasses
1. When shopping at Gucci for sunglasses, you should think about the ultraviolet protection for the eyes. Fortunately, all Gucci sunglasses have 100% UVA/UVB protection, ensuring the eyes are not exposed to the sun’s harmful rays.
2. Once you are confident that the eyes are well protected, you should consider the design of the frame and the lens that will suit you.
3. Gucci has an exciting range of fashion sunglasses in different dynamic styles and colors, including modern, contemporary, vintage, and plain funky. When looking for the best sunglasses, you should consider the round frame fun selection with corresponding lens colors like pink, orange or green. You will have endless possibilities when shopping for sunglasses at Gucci.
4. When buying Gucci sunglasses, you should remember that your chosen color for the lenses will not enhance or diminish the glasses’ UV protection filter. Gucci treats the lenses with chemicals that absorb UV during manufacture, thus blocking damaging UV rays. The chemicals are usually colorless. Even the clear lenses are also treated with UV chemicals hence great for filtering rays like all other sunglasses with a similar UV rating.
5. Similarly, the tint may affect the glare level, changing how you see colors. Different tints may also affect your visual clarity. It is important to know what to search for to find the best lens color to suit your needs.
6. Be aware of the Gucci sunglasses’ function before buying since most have a particular use. Some sunglasses are designed to be worn during a certain sport. Others are designed for wearing when driving. Climbing sunglasses, for example, will provide different benefits than all other styles or functional pairs of Gucci glasses.