Last Updated on March 2, 2022 by
The actual waste size differs from the size of the jeans. You can check the brand’s conversion chart if you have your waist measurements. Most jeans brands have a chart that they post on their websites to check where your jeans size lies.
The conversion chart of those brands is majorly dependent on the sizing system they mostly use. You will not get the size of the correct jeans if you have not measured your right waist size. But, there are various ways to measure your waist measurement and we will discuss them here.
Do you desire to purchase a new pair of jeans pants but you aren’t sure of how to take waist measurements? This article delves more into how the waist size and the size of the jeans differ, how to measure your waist size correctly, and the size of the jeans that fit you perfectly. You should diligently follow the laid down steps when measuring your waist and jeans size to get accurate results.
Does The Waist Size Differ From The Size Of The Jean?
The waist size differs from the jeans you are looking for. For instance, if the waist size is around 24 inches, your jeans size might be between 25-26 inches. Why do they differ much, and what leads to the differences in the dimensions?
The jean material: For the fabric of the jeans, there might be the stretchy ones that stretch according to your waist size. For instance, if you buy jeans that are waist 25 inches and it extends to 27 inches. The stretching of the jeans makes it increase the inches. It is why your actual waist size differs from the size of the jeans.
Also, the type of the rise may contribute to the size of the jeans. If the surge is high (slightly above the waist), mid-rise (slightly below the waist), low rise (a few inches below the waistline), then it will make the actual waist size differ from the jean size. The factors above are among the many that result in the differing waist and jeans sizes.
How Do You Measure Your Waist Size?
You need to know your actual waist size to order a jean size. The question is, where would you get the measurements of your actual waist size? Follow the following tips to measure your waist size.
1. You need to have your tape measure at hand. Using the tape measure, place your measuring tape above your belly button.
2. Once placed well, you can wrap the tape around the waist.
3. You can breathe out and relax the stomach.
4. If you want a very accurate measurement, you have skin contact with the measuring tape. Clothing can add extra inches so keep them away. Also, you should not pull the tape around your waist, and you should loosen it to get a comfortable fit.
5. If there is no tape measure expected for everyone at hand, you can measure your waist with a string. Afterward, you can measure the string size with a ruler.
How Do You Convert Your Waist Measurement To Jean Size?
Now that you know your waist measurements, you can always check the brand’s conversion chart to find the jeans that will fit you. When checking the size charts, consider checking the measurements that the brand uses. Some use sizing charts in the form of numbers and others inches. You will go with the size that fits you perfectly.
Using Your Former Jeans To Ascertain Your Correct Size
When you want to get a perfect size, the best thing to do is that you are the luckiest person when you have the perfect fitting jeans with you. You can always use the measurement of your jeans when hunting for other jeans.
Here is how you can measure your previously worn Jean pants:
You should have a tape measure and access to a hard surface primarily for accuracy, and then do the following;
1. Lay your jeans on the hard surface. While using the tape measure, you can now measure your jeans from the top to the waist.
2. To conduct this, you should always make sure that your jeans are always buttoned up and that the button is straight. Once you get the measurement, you can now double it for your jeans waist measurement.
3. The next thing is measuring the seam, which is the distance between the crotch seams to the ankle hem.
4. From there, you should measure the thigh width. You should space two inches with the measurements below the crotch seam. Once done measuring, you can double your number for your thigh measurements.
5. Finally, the last measurement to measure is the rise. You should measure the rise accurately by pulling the waist tight to get the most accurate measurement.
Do You Know Your Body’s Best Rise?
After you are assured of your measurements, you also want to know the kind of rise that fits you. Below are three types of measurements concerning the rise.
High-rise jeans: This is when the waist of the jeans sits above the navel.
Mid-rise jeans: The waist of the jeans is around and beneath the navel.
Low-rise jeans: This type of jeans sits below the navel.
You can choose the type of jeans that fits you and the kind of rise you prefer.
You can measure your waistline and do some experiments to decide how you want your rise to be. Also, the waist rise depends on your body type or what worked for you before.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Are Jeans And Waist Size The Same?
The size grouping of the jeans varies with the brand that makes them. Brands are different as various brands have different looks of the jeans. The size of the jeans is not equal to your waist size. They are different in remarkable ways! You can always find that perfect-fitting pair of jeans if you have the accurate measurements.
How Do I Get The Fitting Size From The Shop If The Size Chart Is Unavailable?
If the chart is unavailable, you can still get your size. In this case, you can use measurements of your perfectly fitting jeans. You can learn in the article how to accurately measure your jeans and present the exact measurements to get your other jeans. Also, this is the perfect way to measure for your perfect-fitting jeans.
The perfect-fitting jeans are what anyone would love to own. Who wouldn’t love that? The actual waste size differs from the size of the jeans. It would be best to have accurate waist measurements to get the perfect size you are looking for. If your measurements are correct, you can find the size chart on the jeans you want to get from the producer brand. Most brands put that on their websites, so you check your jeans size using your waist measurements.
Moreover, the article takes you through the methods you use to measure your waist. Alternatively, you can measure your preowned pair of jeans, get the measurements described in the article and present them to get the same fitting jeans. With this information, you can always rock your perfect pair of jeans every time!