Last Updated on March 2, 2022 by
Skinny jeans get loose majorly because of improper storage and overstretching. Skinny jean, when exposed to high temperatures, also loosens up. Using the wrong detergents can result in the loosening of the fabric. Once the material loosens, the skinny jeans stretch and become more expansive. The detergents cause stretching, shrinking, and exposing the jeans to wear and tear.
Stay on this page as we guide you on the appropriate maintenance measures to ensure you prevent your skinny pair of jeans from loosening, how to get comfortable skinny jeans and how to tighten loose skinny jeans.
Why Do My Jeans Seem To Stretch Out Quickly?
Several reasons come into play when talking about why skinny jeans stretch out so quickly. Overwashing and improper storage of your jeans are usually the leading causes, regardless of the style of jeans you have. Also, the other reasons for the jeans stretching are harsh detergents and overheating in the washers and dryers. However, below are ways that will help you protect your skinny jeans from stretching out.
You Should Use Cold Water To Wash Your Jeans
Washing the jeans in cold water is a considerable strategy to avoid stretch. The commercial laundry washer is mostly very hot; it will loosen the pants over time. It behaves the same way as the dryer. Below are tips on how to wash your jean pants:
1. To get most of your washing, you should have a soft fabric washer on the clothing.
2. Next is to soak your jeans in cold water and use a mild soap, and then wash it gently.
3. You should make sure that you limit the number of times you wash your jeans. Jeans are among the outfits you can wear a couple of times without being cleaned daily. It would help if you kept your washes at a minimum as this enables you to preserve the color and shape of the jeans.
4. You can spray your jeans regularly rather than washing them now and then.
Air Dry Your Jeans On A Cloth Line
It would be best to allow the jeans to air dry, which helps you to get the most out of your washing. Follow these steps:
1. Hang them to air out on the clothesline- This way; they keep their form and quality longer. Some individuals want their jeans to dry immediately in the dryer, which is pretty harmful. It causes overheating of the jeans due to the heat cycle that can cause wear and tear. Also, the jeans stretch and cause the elasticity to wear out over time.
2. When air-drying at the clothesline, you should ensure that the sun isn’t too much for it. The air drying also avoids the stretching that occurs in the dryer.
3. Some of you prefer using a commercial dryer and feel that air-drying is tiring. You should put the commercial dryer at the lowest level to avoid potential damage to the jeans. Regular use will reduce the look and feel of your skinny jeans.
Always Keep The Jeans In Their Original Shape
It would be wise if you also considered always putting your jeans in the right place. Storing your skinny jeans is vital as it entails appropriately caring for it. For you to maintain the original shape of your pair of skinny jeans, you should fold them rather than hanging. Hanging them in your wardrobe causes them to lengthen over time, so you should wholly avoid hangers. When folding, no stretch happens over time, and the jeans maintain their form. It would be best always to fold your pair of skinny jeans to preserve their originality.
Keep Your Jeans’ Pocket Use To The Minimum
The thing is, you can wear your jeans many times. The jeans develop a little personality for you and hug you better. However, when you put any personal items in the pockets of your jeans, a problem arises. For instance, cellphones, cards, wallets, and chapsticks leave certain permanent stains in some regions. They cause the jeans to tear and lose the skinny shapes.
It will be best if you devised a way of carrying your personal items instead of over-relying on your skinny jeans pockets.
Choose Superior Quality Skinny Jeans
To avoid any worries about your jeans stretching, always look for affordable, high-quality materials. Choose skinny jeans made of denim and cotton for a fuller fabric feel. Also, it would help if you considered checking out the stitching of the jeans.
Excellent stitching lasts longer than those that don’t have it. Ensure you select quality skinny jeans fabric to avoid embarrassments associated with shoddy fabrics.
How Can I Tighten My Skinny Jeans?
You can shrink your slim pants a little if they’re no longer skinny. To accomplish this:
- Apply a fabric softener to the afflicted regions before washing your jeans on high heat.
- Although it is not recommended, utilizing heat will help the fabric softener absorb and extend the strands in your jeans.
- Once the washer cycle is complete, chuck your jeans into a high-heat dryer and watch the magic happen.
It will help if you avoid doing this action repetitively as it destroys the elasticity of the jeans’ fabric.
How To Get Comfortable Skinny Jeans
In general, skinny jeans are comfortable to wear. To get most of the comfort:
- You should find jeans that fit comfortably around your waist and don’t feel too tight around your hips or thighs.
- You should also try to select a pair of skinny jeans that finishes just at your ankles to show that your legs are longer and thinner than they are.
- Of course, if your jeans are too tight, go up a size; nevertheless, keep in mind that they will stretch out a little as you wear them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
With Proper Care Of My Skinny Jeans, Is It A Guarantee That They Will Last Longer?
The lifespan of skinny jeans is generally five years. However, this will depend on how many times you wear them, and how often you wash them—assuming the lifespan of the skinny jeans is not wearing out and tearing. If you follow proper instructions, you will get the most out of your jeans and increase their lifespan.
Do You Think It Is Stylish To Wear Skinny Jeans?
Yes, it is stylish as you can wear it in so many fashionable ways. For instance, you can clad in your skinny jeans and wear a dark-colored shirt. You can also wear skinny jeans with a turtleneck shirt and sweatshirts. You can find other dress codes to go with your jeans. To answer the question, wearing skinny jeans is stylish.
There are strategies to prevent your slim jeans from becoming too baggy or losing their natural shape. According to the above findings, line drying, washing in cold water, and selecting high-quality jeans are some of the simple ways to prevent your trousers from stretching. When washing slim jeans use low heat settings and wear them a few times before washing.
Folding your clothes rather than hanging them and not carrying many items in your pockets when wearing them will help avoid the skinny jeans from stretching. If you stick to these skinny jeans ethics passionately, your garment’s lifespan will extend.